Monday, July 18, 2016

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

I just finished reading Lady Midnight by Cassandra Claire. It is the first book in the third shadowhunters series titled The Dark Artifices. Yes, yes I know she has a lot of shadow hunters books. But the thing is, she has such an addicting writing style that I'm always sad when I finish a series of hers. But anyway, on to the review. 

I have to say that the love story in this book is more annoying than the love stories in her previous two series'. It's annoying to the point of distraction. Julian and Emma are adorable and perfect together, but throughout the first half of the book all they do is secretly obsess about each other. 
Okay, love story aside, the book was great! Cassandra Clare managed to keep the villain secret until the very end battle. I do love it when I cannot predict a book's outcome! 
So the next book comes out in April of 2017 and the first book of a companion series comes out the month prior. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment